This is a collection of posts about Pain patterns related to sleep. In these posts, you can find information on:
- trigger point patterns resulting in pain that may wake you
- sleeping patterns that activate trigger points which then bother you when you’re awake
- patterns that make it hard to get out of bed
- self-care for sleep-related trigger points
These posts include:
- Trigger point patterns and how people describe the pain
- How you activate and intensify the pain pattern
- Self-care to show you how to get quick relief on your own
- Stretches and exercises that provide longer-lasting relief
- Brief anatomy review of the involved muscle
- Yoga poses that open this muscle
- Treatment notes for therapists
Note that we are in the process of converting these posts into a more informative and accessible format. Thank you for your patience.
Support Integrative Works to
and produce great content.
You can subscribe to our community on Patreon. You will get links to free content and access to exclusive content not seen on this site. In addition, we will be posting anatomy illustrations, treatment notes, and sections from our manuals not found on this site. Thank you so much for being so supportive.
Does Your Shoulder Hurt From the Covid-19 Vaccine?
This post offers quick, lasting relief from the pain in your shoulder that came from the vaccine. You will need an ice cube and about 2 minutes.
Tony Preston has a practice in Atlanta, Georgia, where he sees clients. He has written and taught about anatomy, trigger points, and cranial therapies since the mid-90s.
*This site is undergoing significant changes. We are reformatting and expanding the posts to make them easier to read. The result will also be more accessible and will include more patterns with better self-care. In the meanwhile, there may be inconsistencies in formatting, content presentation, and readability. Until we get older posts updated, please excuse our mess.